DAKEN LLC, dba LIBERTY CREDIT CONSULTING
Last Updated – January 9, 2018
DAKEN LLC, dba Liberty Credit Consulting (“Company,” “we” or “us”) provides consumer credit consulting services (“Service” or “Services”) via www.libertycreditconsulting.com (“Website). The Company Service is owned and operated by Liberty Credit Consulting (“Liberty,” “we” or “us”).
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to contact customer service, please Contact Us through our online form.
Types and Uses of Collected Information. Liberty collects two types of information about you:
Communications. When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages and/or phone calls from other users of the Service, businesses, and Liberty itself. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to your activity on the Service, and include but are not limited to emails regarding your account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services, if applicable. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time after registering through our online form or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
We may track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Liberty or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person.
Release of Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
1) Authorized Third Party Service Providers. Liberty may sell, trade or otherwise transfer to other parties your name, address, city, town, any form or online contact identifier email, name of chat account, screen name or user names, phone number, social security number, cookie number, IP address device serial number, unique device identifier and other personally identifiable information. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our or your behalf. You or We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Third-Party Service Providers to sell products or services, fulfill orders, move data in or out of the Service, analyze data, operate the Service, troubleshoot and provide customer service. We may also provide personal information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Service Providers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) or use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer the Service. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you participate in the Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits and use of the Service, and visits to other websites or locations in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the Service, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing your account section of the Service. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your Service experience.
Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information via the Service with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event that we believe that the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We may encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
2) Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Service, or we may allow our Third-Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the Service or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Service, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing partners for the same purposes.
Fair Information Practices. The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify the users via in site notification
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act. The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
1) Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
2) Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
3) We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service
4) Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
1) NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
2) Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
3) Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
4) Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
5) Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
6) Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Service and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
Children. The Services are not directed to people under the age of eighteen (18). If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us through our online form. If we become aware that a child under eighteen (18) has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.